Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense Crash during scheduled reload

Hello!

I've installed Qliksense server for a customer and scheduled the reload of 4 apps. these apps load consuctively in the following order:

load source

build datamodel

Load report 1 and report 2

Only the 'load source' app is scheduled on time (6AM) and the other apps are started on task successfull completion of the previous apps.

Somewhere during this process the server seems to get caught in a deadlock or something with 100% CPU load. The server is thus almost unreachable and will only get back to normal after a restart of the Qlik sense engine service.

At first this only occurred once a week on a Thursday but now it occurs daily. This triggered me to suspect an interfering process like the backup run but the backup is scheduled for 1 AM and is definitely finished by 3 AM.

A manual reload does not result in this phenomenon.

Any thoughts on causes for this?

Sincerely,

Erik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Juan,

I solved the issue. What i failed to mention was that I had two tasks start simultaneously and this caused the issues. Both tasks loaded from the same QVD files. The most curious this is though, it worked fine in QlikView.

In short, The solution was to prevent tasks from starting on the same trigger. but have them run consecutively.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik, could you solved this problem? I'm having the same problem now and I don't know how to do.

Thnks,

JM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi...

Is your environment multi node or single node.. If multimode please check whether your Central, Scheduler and Engine servers are up and running and all the services from these 3 nodes are running. If not restart all the three servers..

If it is a single node then please check is there any space issues while the Load app is running and creating unnecessary logs if yes please clear space restart the server then initiate the task they should run fine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Move your schedule from 6 AM to some other time and to find it's happening only during that time.

If it's related to that time alone , see if any other jobs are running on the same time.

Also if it's standalone machine , check if any user activities. If it's development server, we have to ensure load of the resources during the time.

LDAP fetch during the time also can take quiet some resources.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Juan,

I solved the issue. What i failed to mention was that I had two tasks start simultaneously and this caused the issues. Both tasks loaded from the same QVD files. The most curious this is though, it worked fine in QlikView.

In short, The solution was to prevent tasks from starting on the same trigger. but have them run consecutively.

I hope this helps.