Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Qliksense Desktop (november release) ask for user account

Hi everybody,

I just downloaded the latest version of qliksense (november release patch1) and everytime i start it, it ask me for Qlik user account.

Is that normal ? or is it something pretty old already (i haven't used Qliksense from March 2017).. ?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.2 includes a requirement to authenticate against either your registered Qlik Account (the account you use to login to the customer download site) OR you can authenticate against against a Qlik Sense 3.2 Enterprise Server.   There are some steps to be taken by your Sense Administrator in order to do the latter, please see the online help pages for guidance.

Sense Desktop will authenticate each time you open the application, unless there is no internet connection in which case the existing authentication will be valid for up to 10 days "offline" use.

Check here Qlik Sense 3.2 now available on download site

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Normal for me. I assume a lot is still running server-side, even for desktop, so logging in keeps track of who is doing what.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

But i don't have server, and i don't have internet sometimes..

with the version 3.2 i think, it does not ask for user account.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

mto‌ Hi Michael, it is something new ?

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.2 includes a requirement to authenticate against either your registered Qlik Account (the account you use to login to the customer download site) OR you can authenticate against against a Qlik Sense 3.2 Enterprise Server.   There are some steps to be taken by your Sense Administrator in order to do the latter, please see the online help pages for guidance.

Sense Desktop will authenticate each time you open the application, unless there is no internet connection in which case the existing authentication will be valid for up to 10 days "offline" use.

Check here Qlik Sense 3.2 now available on download site

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Youssef - yes this has been added as a new security approach for both free and licensed users since 3.2 - you can see this here in this video:

https://youtu.be/xXaYVi1L4YU?t=8m2s

HTH

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

Thank you

YoussefBelloum