Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobMoller
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qliksense Installation: Powershell version 4 or later is required to install qlik sense

Hi,

I am trying to run a Qlik Sense June 2019 installation on an MS 2016 server, but I continuously run into the same errorcode: 

"PowerShell version 4 or later is required to install Qlik Sense"

I have checked the PowerShell version that is 5.1. 

Further steps I have tried to take are: 

• Deactivate all firewalls 
  • Open up port 80
  • Reinstall the server. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobMoller
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

The problem turned out to be a security program called "CyberPilot Audit"  installed on the server by the customers IT-support, that I was not made aware of.

In case any of you in the future run into the same problem, then check that the server has a clean installation, without any additional programs or settings. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Can you please check or shared the installation logs? 

I have 5.1 and installation works perfect for me. 

BR,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
JacobMoller
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

The problem turned out to be a security program called "CyberPilot Audit"  installed on the server by the customers IT-support, that I was not made aware of.

In case any of you in the future run into the same problem, then check that the server has a clean installation, without any additional programs or settings. 

Giuseppe_Novello

Thanks! Can you  select the solution and also, I would specify the name of the " security program installed, because, it will come really hard for other viewers to have a "clean" of installations. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
1000qlik
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Qlikies,

I am facing the same issue when trying to upgrade from version Qlik Sense Enterprise June 18 to any subsequent version.

The setup fails at the "Setup Requirements" stage with message: "Powershell version 4 or later is required to install Qlik Sense"

Powershell 4.0 is installed so I don't know why we get this prompt. The problem is we cannot proceed with the upgrade. The server is a 2012 R2, $PSVersionTable give us: PSVersion 4.0

Qlik Support asked to check several different things about PowerShell, even upgraded it, but still get the same behavior.

I tried on a fresh Windows Server 2016, without "System Center Endpoint Protection" activated, to install QS Entreprise June 2018 successfully.
Then tried to upgrade to QS Entreprise June 2019 and got the exact same error about PowerShell.

I then tried to uninstall and reinstall completely :
- all upgrades / or reinstall are failing starting with the Sept. 2018 version
- I can install / uninstall / reinstall the June 2018 version

So it seems something changed with the Sept. 2018 release that is preventing any upgrades / or install after the June 2018 release.

Nearly 6months that the support team is trying to help but without a solution. If someone in the community has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert

Giuseppe_Novello

What user are you logged in the server when you trying to upgrade? 

Have you check this article? 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042987

BR
GIo
Giuseppe Novello
1000qlik

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for your prompts answer. Yes, I checked this article and the env. variables are correct.

The user is a domain user (local admin) that performed the initial installation.

Thanks,
Robert

Giuseppe_Novello

Right, but it is not the service account? also, I guess you did the debug process described in the article, logged in as the service account? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
1000qlik

Hum, correct I didn't use the service account as it does not have the right to connect remotely to the server.

I did try to run the Qlik Sense services with my account (domain user, local admin), and launch the upgrade from there but this lead to the same result.

Giuseppe_Novello

Then, I would try to access the service account, because the installation goes into an impersonation process, then would verify that service account has any complications with poweshell. 

BR

gio

Giuseppe Novello