Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Qliksense Log Files have filled up server

Hello

How do I reduce the amount/size of logs?

I've run out of disk space.

This location seems to be the problem

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\

Can someone point me in the direction of which setting I can change

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Doing so would reduce the number of engine logs. The downside is less granular view of engine performance.  You might not have any issue doing that initially. If the time comes when you need more granular detail on engine activity, change it back to 5 or 1 minute interval.

The biggest bang for your buck is to turn off the QIX log and the traffic log, and then periodically remove or zip up and move the script log files.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay - feel free to *bump* a post up - if you do not get a reply, so it may be visible again at the top of the list.

See this topic in the help fie:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Serv...

Storage

The default log files are stored in folders under %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Log. The local log configuration file can be used to set up the logging so that the log files are also stored in another location.

You can change the logging levels - here: QMC->Engines->Central - look for Logging.

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi

my screen doesn't look like yours so maybe I have a different qliksense version?

Qliksense.png

I haven't quite got round to upgrading to 2.0 (next week hopefully)

I've turned all to Info in my version

Am I right in thinking that upgrading Qlikview or Qliksense server by default turns logging back up to maximum as I seemed to caught out on this with this on Qlikview server SR11 upgrade ?

timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

About a month ago i did upgrade to 2.1.1 and now my server has filled up with logfiles.

Can i delete Trace Log files or does this "destroy" the Operation Monitor Dashboard which is what i am being told by 3rd party support?

I enclose a screenshot as i also see that every 8 hours an 8 meg file is created ?

I'm not sure what this is ?

As for the logging protocol , i have them set to "info" which i thought was the smallest log produced?

I enclose another screenshot

Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tim - I added twa‌ - to this discussion - Hi Tyler any suggestions?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Great Mike - we are planning to roll out Qliksense to our first users at the end of the month so want to keep on top of this to avoid "user experience issues"

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Tim,

You can remove all logs you want, but that will remove the history (which might not be a big deal at this point.)

I recommend you turn off the QIX log (can get large VERY fast) and the traffic log. Neither is used by the Monitoring Apps (ie Operations Monitor) and these are typically just used for deep dive troubleshooting.

Concerning the Log\Script folder, we currently do not have an automated way to control the files there. You can remove those at will, keeping in mind that you will lose the nitty gritty details for each reload execution (which again might not be a big deal).

Also note that these script logs are archived in the Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs\[server]\Script folder and could be removed from there too.

timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Great Tyler - many thanks for the prompt response .

i'll implement on monday - now off home for the weekend

timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

One other point Tyler, if i change the performance log interval from 5 minutes to 10 mins , then presumably this will halve the amount of logs ?

Are there any disadvantages of doing this ?

Thanks

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Doing so would reduce the number of engine logs. The downside is less granular view of engine performance.  You might not have any issue doing that initially. If the time comes when you need more granular detail on engine activity, change it back to 5 or 1 minute interval.

The biggest bang for your buck is to turn off the QIX log and the traffic log, and then periodically remove or zip up and move the script log files.