Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allardata
Creator
Creator

Re: Improving Governance / Monitoring Apps in Sense (Operations Monitor, License Monitor)

Where can I find the latest version of these monitoring apps?

I seem to have messed up the License monitor during my server upgrade to 2.1, and would like to import the latest version to overwrite the corrupted (empty) one.

3 Replies
Allardata
Creator
Creator
Author

Never mind... Comment moderation is slower than searching longer on Google. Found this on how to get a new license monitor app re-installed:
"Monitoring apps may not be upgraded and installed correctly on systems that have been upgraded and patched before. In this case corrupt copies of the License monitor will be created. Workaround: Delete the License monitor and Operation monitor apps, and restart Qlik Sense Repository Service to install the correct apps."

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Allardos‌, did that workaround work for you?

I am faced with a corrupt license monitor app, and removing it, restarting the services certainly does not automatically install a new verison of the app, and when trying to import it manually from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps that fails, with a rather non-descriptive error in the log file:

"...Command=Import app;Result=500;ResultText=Error: ValidationFailed...."

Or I can just wait for 2.2 and hope things are fixed there, I guess..

Cheers,

Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Allardata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Removing the old application and restarting the services indeed fixed the problem for me! A fresh instance of the newest monitoring apps "appeared" and reloaded existing log files nicely. Version 2.1 fixed the issues that messed up my log files and dashboards before.

Your error doesn't look good, though I guess this is a different scenario from what I experienced. Hope you find a solution and/or a future release will fix it. Good luck.