Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soumroy7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload Button Extension fails to load

Hi,

Currently I am working on Feb2019 version of Qliksense.  I am using a Reload Extension button in app. I did similar custom property configuration mentioned in the below thread.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Deployment-Management/Security-rules-to-enable-user-initiat...

But still it gives error saying "Reload Failed". 

Could anyone please provide a detailed steps to configure this extension? Or suggest an alternative method to perform on demand app reload by end user ( not having access to edit the report)

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It is my understanding that you can't let someone reload the app without also letting them edit the app. Reloading is part of the Update permissions (since it changes the app by reloading the data).

We worked around this by allowing users to reload apps from QMC - we only gave them access to the Tasks section and then only specific tasks. You could also probably do this with API calls.

soumroy7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response. However as a Root Admin we are also facing the same issue. Still receiving error Reload Failed.

Or
MVP
MVP

Did you give Root Admin specific access to apps in the hub? If memory serves, by default, root admin only has QMC permissions for apps.

soumroy7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Could you be specific about which access I need to enable in the App? Currently I am the owner of this app and have access to all the functionalities within the app.

Or
MVP
MVP

If you are the owner of  an unpublished app, you should definitely have enough permissions to reload it.

One other thing to check is that the system users have permissions within the app (Section Access, if you have one ). I don't know for sure which system users need to be added for this, would probably be best to add these three at the very least:

'ADMIN','INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER'
'ADMIN','INTERNAL\SA_ENGINE'
'ADMIN','INTERNAL\SA_API'