Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

Renaming custom properties

When I rename a custom property it is removed from any resources it was applied to.

Is this the expected behavior?

I would think if you rename a property you would want it to stay on all the resources not be removed.

If i wanted a new custom property what wasn't applied to anything I would just create a new one, not rename one.

It would be awesome to rename a custom property and not have to go back and read it to every resource it was applied to.

6 Replies
lucienorrin
Creator
Creator
Author

It's also really hard to figure out what all the custom property was applied to after its been removed!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can search which resources have a particular custom property. But only per resource type. For example on the Users page you can search only the users with that custom property, but not streams. For streams you'd need to redo the search on the Streams page.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Luke,

Are you renaming the Name or the value? Reference:

2018_08_20_11_28_54_Edit_custom_property_QMC.png

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Levi,

I'd like to rename the value.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

Thanks!

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator
Author

Basically we use custom property Values that are mapped to AD Groups that grant permissions to resources in Sense.

A directive has come down the pipe that requires a change to AD group names.

How do we change the Custom Property Value name without removing the value from all the objects it is already assigned to?