Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting Streams in QlikSense QMC for users

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest how exactly we can use or create security rules in QMC to allow a user to see and access specific streams in QMC. Managing user access on Streams can be easily done when it comes to Hub access but can that be done for QMC also.

We need to implement it, if its possible as we want individual users to administer their respective streams through QMC.

We have tried modifying security rules in conjunction with content admin role but it did not work as expected.

Suggestion will be helpful.

Regards

Ankit Gupta

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks! I got the solution. I have managed to achieve the needed security setting by using and modifying default security rule called  "ContentAdminQMCSections".

Regards

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks! I got the solution. I have managed to achieve the needed security setting by using and modifying default security rule called  "ContentAdminQMCSections".

Regards

Ankit Gupta

toddprete
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to do the same.  Can you share your solution?

db_qliksense
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Looking for same thing. Can you please share the solution? I tried making changes to the security rule called  "ContentAdminQMCSections". All it does is hide/show respective sections marked in the filters.

db_qliksense
Creator
Creator

I think I found the way out. Tweaked the security rule "contentadmin" a bit and seems working.

Dummy contentadmin rule:

((user.@userteam=resource.@userteam and resource.resourcetype="Stream") and (user.roles="ContentAdmin")) where userteam is custom property having user's group.  Tagged the user and resource (stream) to this custom property.

Neha_Humbal
Contributor
Contributor

How would u restrict users access for apps and all related objects of a stream in QMC?