Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NahumMC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Right order for update Qlik Sense Server and Nprinting from June18 to November18

Hi everyone,

Im facing the task of update a deployment wich include Qlik Sense June 2018 and Nprinting June 2018 working together (on separates machines), and we will update both to November 2018.

The point is, is any correct order to do it? I mean,¿ first update Sense and apply Patch 2 of November and then update Nprinting? or may be first Nprinting and then Qlik Sense?.

This is a task to make on a production environment so I won't assume any risk before start with the updating, and after read the help for upgrade Nprinting, and the same with Qlik Sense, I can't found any advise about the right order between both products.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced and best Regards.

Nahúm.

4 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

The order between those two versions does not really matter.

What I would suggest is to

• Take down both Qlik Sense and NPrinting
  • Upgrade completely Qlik Sense and make sure that everything is working properly
  • Upgrade NPrinting and make sure that everything is working properly

Some tips before you upgrade

QlikSense

NPrinting

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would do the upgrade in the following order

1. Qlik Sense Enteprise

2. Qlik NPrinting

3. Qlik NPrinting Designer (every client using desingner should upgrade)

I would choose this order because NPrinting is dependent on Sense Enteprise. An upgrade of Sense Enteprise after NPrinting would force you to do another NPRinting system check after the Sense upgrade. 

NahumMC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bastien,

Thank you for your reply, according with your answer and the links you provided, I made a template that I would like to confirm with you: (Assuming make a backup and check all requisites are validated before start anything)

1 - Stop both Sense and Nprinting.

1.1 Stop all services from Sense.

1.2 Stop all services from Nprinting and associated processes could be running.

2 - Update Sense following the instructions.

3 - Update Nprinting following the steps:

3.1 - Install Nprinting Server.

3.2 - Install Nprinting Engine.

3.3 - Install Nprinting Designer. According the manual: To move from one version of Qlik NPrinting Designer to another, you must uninstall the older version before installing Qlik NPrinting Designer

Altought I didn't see same warning about install Nprinting Server and Nprinting Engine, I would like to ensure if its necessary first uninstall the previous version before install the new version of both or if its not mandatory as for example when Sense are updated.

Also another question, ¿the process of manage certificates and licenses when install new version of Nprinting Server, Engine and Designer its an automatic process? (Like Sense for example) ¿or its mandatory to be manage manually after the installation?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

Nahúm.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

The steps look correct but just before upgrading NPrinting, make sure that Qlik Sense is working fine. (try to access the QMC and HUB, load applications,...). It's better to deal with one issue at a time if possible :). 

Regarding your questions

• You should not need to uninstall NPrinting Designer, the upgrade should work. 
  • The certificates and license will be taken care of automatically. So no manual change should be necessary.

Finally, since you go to Qlik NPrinting November 2018, I would like to point you on the following article for information.

This is an issue that can occur and it contains all the steps to troubleshoot and fix it. 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062393

Thank you!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.