I have a 4 nodes Qlik Sense 3.2.2 site (shared persistence) as follows:
Central Node - Proxy + Scheduler
RIM1 - Proxy + Scheduler
RIM2 - Engine + Printing
RIM3 - Engine + Printing
As you can see 2 of the nodes will be used for reloads (scheduler service). The configuration is as follows:
Central Node - Master and Slave
RIM1 - Slave
I am having the following problem: all the tasks are executed by the Central Node. I tried starting about 10 tasks at one time and all were started on Central node and none on the Slave node. Of course, 4 tasks started right away, the rest were queued.
I activated Debug log, and found the following entries in the log file:
Slave-node <RIM1> is not alive and cannot run task <task>
Slave-node <RIM1> is disabled and cannot run task <task>
Ports open through firewall as follows:
Outbound -> 5151
Inbound -> 5050
Outbound -> 5050
Inbound -> 5151
I have tried opening both ports in both directions on both servers, made no difference.
I also tried to change the Central Scheduler to Master only, but then the tasks will fail saying "no slave nodes found".