Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section access no longer working after upgrade to June 2020

Hi there,

We're currently having a major issue after upgrading to Qliksense June 2020.  We have several Qliksense apps which binary load Qlikview apps on another server.  The Qlikview apps contains section access which is then inherited by the Sense app.

After upgrading, all apps that make use of section access this way are now unaccessible.  Currently there is no way for me to  open the file at all regardless of the user I make use of.

What could be happening here?  The only Thing I can think of is that we have a custom user directory connector.  Could there be some active directory mismatch that's now happening?  I honestly have no idea where to start and this seems like a major bug in the release.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClickingClickedClicker

Hi,

I know this is old but figured this could possibly help someone else. We ran into the same issue after upgrading our system. Did you try adding INTERNAL/SA_SCHEDULER as an admin in your section access script? I'm not sure how inherited section access works but I know that this user needs to be added for reloads to work.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Internal-sa-scheduler-mandatory-to-reload-apps-...

As for not being able to open the apps at all I think all you would need to do is right click on the app in your hub and select "open without data". As far as I know this should allow you to bypass the section access restrictions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ClickingClickedClicker

Hi,

I know this is old but figured this could possibly help someone else. We ran into the same issue after upgrading our system. Did you try adding INTERNAL/SA_SCHEDULER as an admin in your section access script? I'm not sure how inherited section access works but I know that this user needs to be added for reloads to work.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Internal-sa-scheduler-mandatory-to-reload-apps-...

As for not being able to open the apps at all I think all you would need to do is right click on the app in your hub and select "open without data". As far as I know this should allow you to bypass the section access restrictions.

Hope this helps.