Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Highlighted
lohitala
New Contributor

Security Rule that UserA should see tha Apps Owned by UserB in UserA's workstream

Hi i want to implement a security security rule for a UserA so that the user can see the the Apps that he Own and also the the apps owned UserB in UserA's work space. 

I tired the content Admin rule but UserA was able to see all Apps of All the Users Which i don't want .

Thanks for the Help !!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
jwjackso
Valued Contributor

Re: Security Rule that UserA should see tha Apps Owned by UserB in UserA's workstream

I would suggest just creating a stream for the 2 user to publish apps. However, you can try the security rule below:
Resource filter: * (I tested with the asterisk, but you can try with App*)
Actions: Read
((user.name="The person you want to give access" and resource.resourcetype="App" and resource.owner.name="The person who has the app in their work stream")
and resource.stream.Empty())
Employee
Employee

Re: Security Rule that UserA should see tha Apps Owned by UserB in UserA's workstream

Be mindful that all of this will be deprecated or break in Qlik Sense November 2018 Patch 3, February 2019 Patch 1, and April 2019. It was a consequence of a change to how security rules are evaluated which brings up to 80% reduction in load times for the Hub for larger deployments.

jwjackso
Valued Contributor

Levi,

Can you provide documentation about this breaking in the current patch.  I tested this in Feb 2019 patch.  We are exploring the use of custom properties in our security rules  and I would like to see if there are any scenarios that I have not tested.

Employee
Employee

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000068297 is the cleanest.

The gist is, if we're talking about published apps, there are no changes.

If we're talking about unpublished apps, a user will only be able to see apps they own in the Hub.

jwjackso
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update.