cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

Security Rule to allow users to reload published apps

I am trying to get a reload button working for Sense v3.2, I tried the following:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69836

Create Reload button with Qlik Sense 3.0 - YouTube

Both work great for the app OWNER.

However we have a need to allow users to reload the app on demand.

After configuring the security rules according to the documentation, users still get an access denied error on reload with an incomplete visualization on the sheet.

Has anyone successfully been able to grant users permissions to reload published apps?

47 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Marcos,

What is the solution to make this work on QSense Desktop Version June 2017? Can you please guide us with the steps?

Thanks!

Kanchana

marcos
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Sorry nakamurasatc‌ and kanchanads‌ for the delay to answer you.

This solution doesn't work on desktop versión, because there aren't Security Rules in this.

I didn't test the extension on this versión of Sense Desktop, so i don't know if there is any problem with it

On Sense Desktop, users have full access to all parts of App, so the problem has to be another.

Not applicable

Hi

This works perfectly for me but other users get "reload failed" error. Have you an idea which could cause this? Other users got 'Access denied' error before the change in the security rule that you suggested above. So it seems that the other users have rights to do the reload but something happens.

Other users doesn't have admin rights. Qlik Sense version is 3.2 SR4.

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello all,

I wanted to share my current rule. In hindsight it seems simple, but it took me a while to understand Qlik Sense rules enough to get this working.

Resource filter : App*

Actions : Read, Update

Conditions : ((resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) and (resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty() or resource.@AppLevelMgmt=user.Group)) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Context : Only in hub

This rule is based on governed self service (GSS).

We replaced the default stream rule with this and use custom attributes to restrict specific apps to certain (AD) groups.

Checking "update" and removing "resource.objectType != "app_appscript"" from the GSS rule allows users to reload apps.

sergiio_ot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. It has helped us a lot.

Note: Edited by Community Moderator to include English translation as a courtesy.

- - -

Gracias por tu respuesta. Nos ha ayudado mucho.

sebastianolivar
Contributor II
Contributor II

i need your help...
where i need apply this rule?
i need create a new rule or only modificate a rule existent?

gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

I am facing the same issue regarding the access.

I was wondering. Do you set a new rule in the reload button extension rule or do you do that from a specific stream?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I try your rule and it's OK, I use an extension to reload my application.

The problem is that the script is accessible to the user.

Do you know a solution to :

- Allow the reloading and saving of the application

- Hide the script to the user ?

Thanks,

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I try your rule and it's OK, I use an extension to reload my application.

The problem is that the script is accessible to the user.

Do you know a solution to :

1/ Allow the reloading and saving of the application

2/ Hide the script to the user ?

Thanks,

Paul

drjoffily
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Hi Marcos,

I know it's a old post but what rule do I need to modify? Or, is this a new rule that I need to create? If it's a new rule, do I need to disable any of the default rules for the new one to work?

Thanks for your help.