Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator

Security role problem

Hi, All,

I created the following two security roles. 

CustomizedContentadmin
Resources:Stream_*,App*,ReloadTask_*,UserSyncTask_*,SchemaEvent_*,User*,CustomProperty*,Tag_*,DataConnection_*,CompositeEvent_*,Extension_*,ContentLibrary_*,FileExtension_*,FileExtensionWhiteList_*,SystemNotification_*,FileReference*

CustomizedDeveloper
Resources:App*,ReloadTask_*,SchemaEvent_*,Tag_*,DataConnection_*,CompositeEvent_*,Extension_*,ContentLibrary_*,FileExtension_*,FileExtensionWhiteList_*,SystemNotification_*,FileReference*,Scheduler*

Comparing with CustomizedContentadmin, CustomizedDeveloper role has Scheduler* added, and has Stream_*,UserSyncTask_*,User*,CustomProperty* removed. So basically CustomizedContentadmin role has more resources access than CustomizedDeveloper except Scheduler.  That means for data connections, when users with these two roles log into hub site, they should be able to see the same data connections listed there. However, when roles are applied, users with CustomizedDeveloper role are able to see all data connections in hub, including those connection created by other users. But Users with CustomizedContentadmin role can only see a few data connections. I cannot find what the cause is, and need second eyes on it. Could you help?

Thanks

Bo

10 Replies
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue was solved after I restarted services. Thanks for @Levi_Turner @andoryuu.