cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Security rule to apply custom properties to apps

Hi - I'm creating rules to allow "team admin" and "developer" users to apply existing custom properties to apps that they own. However, when they edit an app's properties in QMC, they cannot see the available custom properties. I've given them Read/Update access to the CustomPropertyDefinition resource, and even added the QmcSection_CustomPropertyDefinition resource, although the latter seems unnecessary.

Here is what they see; notice the CUSTOM PROPERTIES panel is empty for this user:

team_admin_no_cust_prop_2017-11-01_1039.png

Several custom properties exist in the environment, but so far only RootAdmin and ContentAdmin can see them in this context.

These are the rules I created already that don't seem to allow team admins to even see custom property values:

1) _RH TeamAdmin Edit Rights

Resource filter: Stream*,App*,ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,Tag*,CompositeEvent*,ExecutionResult*,CustomProperty*,User_*,Task*

Actions: Create / Read / Update / Delete / Publish

Condition:

((user.@UserGroup like "*_ADMINS"

and

(user.@UserGroup=resource.@QlikGroup

or resource.resourcetype="CustomProperty")

))

2) _RH TeamAdmin Create Rights

Resource filter: Task*, ReloadTask*, Tag*, CustomProperty*

Actions: Create / Read / Update

Condition: ((user.@UserGroup like "*_ADMINS"))

3) _RH TeamAdmin QMC Sections

Resource filter: QmcSection_App, QmcSection_DataConnection, QmcSection_ContentLibrary,QmcSection_App.Object, QmcSection_Task, QmcSection_ReloadTask, QmcSection_Event, QmcSection_SchemaEvent, QmcSection_CompositeEvent, QmcSection_CustomPropertyDefinition

Actions: Read

Condition: ((user.@UserGroup like "*_ADMINS"))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Here's the solution I found. There was a syntax error in the 'edit' security rule.

or resource.resourcetype="CustomProperty"

needed to be

or resource.resourcetype like "CustomProperty*"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Here's the solution I found. There was a syntax error in the 'edit' security rule.

or resource.resourcetype="CustomProperty"

needed to be

or resource.resourcetype like "CustomProperty*"

rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

I'm trying to do something similar, except I want to limit certain to only be able to add certain custom properties to users.

Do you know if there is a way to do that?