Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piotrek_w
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Security rules sheet access level

Hi,

I know that there are many posts describing some solution with security rules on sheet level, however none of them fit to my case. 

I don't want to assign sheets names to user or even think about some values added to sheet description.

The requirement is to limit sheet visibility to users from different country. I think is not so unique requirement.  Instead of manage with different apps for different countries client wants to have one app wit 15 sheets when users from country X can see 13 sheets and from country Y 12 sheets. Of course most of these sheets are common for both countries.  

As far as I know there is no possibility to assign custom properties to sheet. I can assign some tag but not sure whether this can be somehow utilize in security rules. The perfect solution is to assign the country info to sheets and use it together with country property assigned to users.

Let me know if any of you have some experience with it or any idea how to implement it. 

BR,

Piotrek

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Dynamic-Sheet-Exception/ta-p/1479964

You could use active directory groups instead of custom properties. Give the active directory groups the same names as the exception sheets so you can write a security rules that matches user.group with resource.name. That way you don't have to mess with powershell/qlik-cli and csv files to assign custom property values to users.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sasikumar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi,

refer the following link - i hide a sheet based on sheet name.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Deployment-Management/QlikSense-Admin-Access-on-Stream-leve...

you can take further like if sheet name starts with country1 then this sheet show to group for persons if sheet name starts with country2 then another groups of persons are allowed to see sheet.

Thanks,

Sasikumar

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.