Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Security rules to enable user-initiated reload?

Hi everybody,

It's my turn to ask a question. I need to enable the user to reload his Sense App from the UI, while the App is published to a stream. I installed an extension from the Branch web site, and it works just fine when the app is not published, however once it's published I'm getting an error message "Access is denied".

Could someone explain to me in detail what security rule(s) need to get created in order to enable that? Should I enable Apps, Reload Tasks, Objects, etc...

thanks in advance,

Oleg Troyansky

25 Replies
bogdanchiriac
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the latest version:

Qlik Sense June 2019 

qliksenseserver:13.32.2

Can it be a problem from the Stream rule? Can you send me a capture of your "Stream" security rule? Mine looks like this:

clipboard_image_1.png

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

i'm using Qlik Sense April 2019, did both suggested steps on page 2, but it's also not working for me. 

my Stream rule looks identically. 

Sergey_Despot
Contributor III
Contributor III

What type of license does the user have?
I have noticed that this problem is actualyty only user who alocation with type license "analyzer"

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ofc Analyzer. 

The classic license for a end-user is typically an analyzer license. If they would have a professional license, they could just switch to the Data-Load-Script and press "load data" on their own, huh? 

bogdanchiriac
Contributor II
Contributor II

Analyzer, I need regular users to refresh the data sate, I don't understand why Qlik dosen't have this function build in... and you have to use plugins to do this... It's normal for a user to want to refresh the data.

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

have to disagree somehow. 

Data is usually loaded, transformed and aggregated over multiple separate steps, and - depending on the data - can cause heavy traffic over a too long time on a productively used system that need to be fast. 

But the one that buys the product, should be able to decide, whats possible and whats not ...  So there should be an option.