Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense 3.0 Monitoring Apps - new data connections to QRS - what are these?

Hi Tyler. My installation of qlik sense 3.0.0 has some issues with the governance apps. Both apps when run through the QMC task is giving me fail status. Same procedure of installing Qlik Sense Server 3.0.0 and both apps are same results. What I have noticed is that there are extra data connections(qrs_users,qrs_task,qrs_app etc) that are not showing in the data load editor but is in the data connections list in QMC. Could you help me out with this whether it's a product issue?

Regards,

Syed

4 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi syedismael‌ -

Yes with 3.0 the Monitoring apps pull data from the QRS database and use REST data connections starting with qrs.

With 3.x and forward, it becomes important to configure the Monitoring Apps, especially in multi-node environments.

Please refer to the configuration steps in the help:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Monitoring/Content/Introduction/Monitor-Qlik-Sense-s...

Some main pointers are:

1- update the ServerLogFolder and ArchivedLogsFolder to use the fully qualified domain name of the central node (in place of c:\programdata...

2- Update the qrs_ data connections replacing the URL localhost also with the fully-qualified domain name of the central node (or wherever the QSR database is)

3- You might need to update the qrs_ database connections further if you use a virtual proxy prefix on the virtual proxy using windows authentication. (Note: it is a requirement to have at least one virtual proxy which uses windows authentication for the 3.x monitor apps to reload).

4- You may need to grant the user account that is running the Qlik services as "RootAdmin" in QMC. This is to allow the reload to fetch data from the Users endpoint in the QRS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tyler,

Can we delete the migrated apps and upload the new apps that comes with fresh installation. That way it creates the new connections.

BTW we can make sure that we configure the full qualified domain names.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can remove the existing Monitoring Apps (Operations Monitor & License Monitor) any time and re-import them from qlik\sense\repository\defaultapps folder

You can also remove all the "governance..." QVDs located in qlik\sense\log.

However, during an upgrade, you should get the latest apps imported automatically and the existing "old" apps just get renamed and un-published.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great. That would help. Sometimes it doesn't auto upgrade. I saw very few cases. Guess it should be fixed in 3.0