Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Not applicable

Sense Archived Logs location

is it possible to change the location of the archived logs, currently they store in

c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs

just a bit concerned about them filling up my servers C drive and don't want to delete them too regularly.

2 Replies
jananireddy
Contributor

Re: Sense Archived Logs location

Hi John, Although its a very late response.. hope it helps.

Archive Logs location can be identified from QMC >> Data Connections >> (check the Path for connection ArchivedLogsFolder)

Normally it path is set as c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs\ which can modified

ARCHIVED.png

Regards,

Janani

vlad_komarov
Valued Contributor III

Re: Sense Archived Logs location

John,

Yes, as jananireddy has mentioned, you can change the default Logs folder(s) location... But it might create a problem with upgrades (I did not check it lately, but Qlik used to overwrite the custom settings and configure your system to the default parameters....)

I am using a "link" method instead: I am "linking" default folders on C: drive to their actual locations on other (larger) partitions:

How to “link” folders:

• Have services offline
  • Start > cmd (run as admin)
  • cd /d E:\
  • mkdir "Archived Logs"
  • cd /d C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository
  • rename "Archived Logs-old" "Archived Logs-2"
  • mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs" "E:\Archived Logs"
  • (copy the files in Archived Logs-2 to the E (or D or whatever) drive, either by command line or cut/paste so that E:\Archived Logs\ has single folder in it (e.g. qlikserver.domain.local in my environment) then a bunch of subfolders for each service
  • Bring services back online

Samples:

mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs" "d:\QlikLinks\Archived Logs"

mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log" "d:\QlikLinks\Log"

mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps" "d:\QlikLinks\Apps"

And I am doing it for Logs, Archived Logs, and Apps folders.....

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Vlad

P.S. When applicable, please mark this answer Correct or Helpful.

Community Browser