Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.
I am new to Qlik Sense. I installed Qlik Sense server. We have been using this server for about a month to create apps etc. Everything seemed to be working fine. Today we are not able to log into the Hub. When I checked in the QMC, the central engine status shows as Stopped. This is a single node install. How can I start the engine? Appreciate your help.
Thanks Alexander. I checked the folder but couldn't find any log files. I only see 3 application files: Engine, QVConnect32 and QVConnect64.
Below were my logging setting for the engine. I changed all of them to "Info" now. So far don't see any log files.Do I need to do anything else before Qlik generates log files? Thanks.
.Check again the way that you have, I'm sure you went to the directory above are not log catalog
you open folder c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\
when you need openc:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\
You are right. That was reckless on my part. Thanks.
The below is what's in the file named: AZ004V1503_Exit_Engine_4008_2015-03-26. I didn't do anything specific intending to stop engine. How do I start the engine?
Severity Timestamp ProcessId ThreadId UserId Message
INFO 20150326T154652.138+0000 4008 4024 Internal\Engine Spawning KillerThread
INFO 20150326T154652.138+0000 4008 5992 Internal\Engine ServerExit entered
INFO 20150326T154652.138+0000 4008 5992 Internal\Engine Kill child processes still running
INFO 20150326T154652.138+0000 4008 5992 Internal\Engine Calling pListener->StopListening
INFO 20150326T154714.064+0000 4008 4024 Internal\Engine Termination not completed within 20s. Quitting!
INFO 20150326T154714.064+0000 4008 4024 Internal\Engine Terminating service
Engine Service Stopped. When I try to start, I get an error "One or more services cannot be started".
I then rebooted the server. Now all Qlik services Stopped. I am starting them with an Administrator account.
sorry for the late reply, I had a late night. try to start the service manually one by one, starting with the service repository. The second option is the ability to change the user's password on whose behalf the service is running
Thanks Alexander. I checked the services on the windows server. I changed properties to use local admin account to run these jobs and restarted. They are all running now.