cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

Sense June 2017 - Backups w/ RSM?

Does the repository snapshot manager work in the June 2017 update?

I was told it only works with synchronized persistence, which is not supported in the June 2017 release.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Arkadiusz-Misiewicz

Hi Lucien,

RSM is no longer supported in June 2017 release. From 'Qlik Sense June 2017 release notes':

Repository Snapshot Manager tool removed

The automatic backup and restore tool Repository Snapshot Manager has been removed, as it was

intended for deployments using synchronized persistence. Please refer to the online help for manual

backup and restore procedures.

Please refer to 'Backing up and restoring' sections of our help site. We are currently working on a new tool for these processes - supporting shared persistence, and hoping to have it available within the next release. Stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Arkadiusz Misiewicz

Not applicable

Thanksfully RSM was removed.

PG_Dump is much better:

Stop all Sense services except QRD (Qlik Sense Repository Database)

Using CMD (like Administrator) enter to C:\ProgramFiles\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\<database version>\bin

and enter this command to backup: pg_dump.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -b -F t -f "c:\backup_name.tar" QSR

and this one when you want to restore: pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d QSR "c:\backup_name.tar"

if you have any problem restoring try this:

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres QSR

createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 QSR

pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d QSR "c:\QSR_backup.tar"

Cheers

Arkadiusz-Misiewicz

Hi Crisian San,

both RSM and the upcoming tool I mentioned in my initial response are build around the pg_dump and you are most welcome to use it when backing up and restoring your database. Our intention is to provide users with a tool that (liked RSM used to) with a single command line would allow to back up and restore entire Qlik Sense site, meaning installation of Qlik Sense and the database, handling certificates, shared and supporting content, etc.

Thank you for your post!

Best Regards,

Arkadiusz Misiewicz

tobiasstrobel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Arkadiusz,

can you tell me if there is already a tool for this case?

Alternatively: Do you have ideas, how to realise the backup of the database automatically?

Best Regards,

Tobias

Arkadiusz-Misiewicz

Hi Tobias,

from and including September 2017 release of Qlik Sense, all releases come with QlikSenseUtil tool located in %ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil. There is also Readme.txt file included in the same location that described the usage of the tool for backing-up and restoring Qlik Sense.

Best Regards,

Arkadiusz