Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
cuv
Not applicable

Sense unable to locate a ssl certificate

i´m not beeing able to make my Sense box use a valid SSL certificate

Error message  Couldn't find a valid ssl certificate with thumbprint

Steps taken so far:

• SSL certificate imported under MMC/Certificates/Local Computer/Personal

Capturar.PNG

• Proxy configured with the thumbprint
  • Proxy service restarted

Trace log

Sequence#LevelLoggerThreadServiceUserMessage
1INFOSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.Cryptography.LoggingDigester1WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappSetting crypto key for log file secure signing: success
2INFOSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.Cryptography.SecretsKey9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappretrieving symmetric key from cert: success
3INFOSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.Cryptography.CryptoKey9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappsetting crypto key: success
4WARNSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Communication.Security.CertSetup9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappNo private key found for certificate 'CN=sense.meubi.com.br, OU=PositiveSSL, OU=Domain Control Validated' (1F284854608E80E245D7B640849BB03FE819048F)
5WARNSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Communication.Security.CertSetup9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappCouldn't find a valid ssl certificate with thumbprint 1f 28 48 54 60 8e 80 e2 45 d7 b6 40 84 9b b0 3f e8 19 04 8f
6WARNSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Communication.Security.CertSetup9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappReverting to default Qlik Sense SSLCertificate
INFOSecurity.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Communication.Security.CertSetup9WIN-8JETLOID025\qsappSet certificate 'CN=WIN-8JETLOID025' (047E90CF18BF749E1EF503E674C2B90960D04E51) as SSL certificate presented to browser
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaisoni_trp
Not applicable

Re: Sense unable to locate a ssl certificate

I would check couple of things here:

a) Does the certificate have private key i.e. do you see a key icon in certificate?

b) Double check if its stored on correct location.

7 Replies
jaisoni_trp
Not applicable

I would check couple of things here:

a) Does the certificate have private key i.e. do you see a key icon in certificate?

b) Double check if its stored on correct location.

jaisoni_trp
Not applicable

Per Qlik:

The definition of an invalid certificate is as follows:

• The operating system considers the certificate to be too old or the certificate chain is incorrect or incomplete.
  • The Qlik Sense certificate extension (OID “1.3.6.1.5.5.7.13.3”) is missing or does not reflect the location of the certificate:
    • Current User/Personal certificate location: Client
    • Local Machine/Personal certificate location: Server
    • Local Machine/Trusted Root certificate location: Root
    • Current User/Trusted Root certificate location: Root
  • The server, client, and root certificates on the central node do not have a private key that the operating system allows them to access.
  • The server and client certificates are not signed by the root certificate on the machine.
cuv
Not applicable

>>a) Does the certificate have private key i.e. do you see a key icon in certificate?

Where should I find that icon?

jaisoni_trp
Not applicable

In MMC on the certificate. Capture.PNG

cuv
Not applicable

Here?

I don´t have that icon.

Could you kindly guide me how to create/obtain it?

Capturar.PNG

cuv
Not applicable

Closing the topic.

The certificate was issued without the private key.

cuv
Not applicable