Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session Timeout after exactly two minutes

Hi,

we just deployed Qlik Sense and are experiencing a problem with session timeouts.

Each time a Client is inactive for (exactly) two minutes (does not load new data, not filtering dashboards...) a message pops up saying:

An error has occured - the app was closed. Update the app to continue.

As the message says the browser needs to be refreshed to continue working. This is especially annoying while working in the editor, as any unsaved changes are lost and one has to wait for a reload to continue. Users who were looking for too long at a dashboard or changed tabs also have to reload apps constantly.

We already changed the session inactivity timeout in the QMC / Proxies to 30 minutes.

The Clients are using the Service from within our VPN.

There is no conflict of clients, where one client is used by several users.

Has anyone an idea what's causing the error?

3 Replies
sebastian_vasqu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Sorry for my english
I have a similar problem, but in my situation the server is exposed an internet (DMZ). I think it's a problem with some firewall. We were able to extend the time to 10 min, but no more, since they are their security policies. Nose where you open information where it shows what is running.

Sin título.png

Not applicable
Author

It probably is some kind of a firewall problem. The issue does not appear when conncting to the server per remote desktop and working from there.

We still couldn't find out what is causing the problem with QLIK specifically though.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

What is the network architecture prior to the user accessing Qlik Sense? So user >> ?? >> Qlik Sense.

120s should be an obvious enough timeout value for the network / infra admins to search for.

I know whichever AWS load balancer supports websockets has a default 120s timeout value.