Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Sheet ordering bug after upgrading to February 2019

Hello,

We've recently upgraded our Qlik Sense Server version to February 2019 and we ran into an issue when trying to reorder the sheets in an unpublished app (the sheets won't "drag").

This bug seems to be specific to Google Chrome (Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit))

I tested reordering in Internet Explorer and it works fine.

Can anyone replicate this issue, or have any suggestions?

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Hey William,

We've also tested on Feb 2019 via Chrome 73.0.3683.103  64-bit, but cannot replicate this behavior. 

Try installing chrome on another machine or even the server itself to see if the issue follows for your user or for other users.

Thanks!

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Chris, thanks for the response.

After playing around a bit more, I managed to get the sheet reordering to work, but I have to click and hold on the sheet for about one second before the dragging works. Is this the same with you?

Coincidentally my Chrome just updated to Version 74.0.3729.108, so I don't know if there's any correlation.

However, we also tested this in another environment with a few other browsers:

Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (32-bit)

IE 11.0.9600.19301

Firefox 60.5.2 (32-bit)

In all cases above, the sheet dragging works responsively like before, without delay.

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Playing around with this a bit more, this looks like a browser-side action.  If I open up DevTools and look at the websocket traffic, it updates once I "drop" the sheet, not when I pick it up. So, the "pick up > drag > drop" actions are all happening in the browser and QSE only gets updated once dropped in a new location.

With that being said, I would look at other extensions you may have installed in Chrome, especially anything which re-draws the screen in any way.

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Tried uninstalling all extensions but no luck.

Guess we'll live with it for now - thanks for the help!