Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Split Qlik Sense tokens between multiple installations?

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to share the same Qlik Sense serial number between multiple single node installations?

I faced following situation: Have a single license serial and a number of tokens I want to split between 3 teams inside my organization, but different host servers for Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Please guide me further on the recommended procedure.

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I suggest you go for 1 multi node environment anyway.

You can setup who gets how many tokens with rules plus this way you stay flexible if you need to adjust your token spread. It also makes managing your Qlik Sense servers easier as you can do all from one QMC.

The alternative is to contact Qlik and ask if they can cancel your current license and give you 3 smaller licenses instead. This will take time, might even cost money and your who setup becomes less flexible.

May you live in interesting times!
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is not possible to share the same license on different QLik Sense install of central node.

If you create a Rim node which is connected to the central node, then you can use the same license.

Let us know what is your exact requirement in terms of giving access to users? why you want to have a different install?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

The reason is related to the fact that the teams do not share server administration.

As I understand, a central node would imply some common administration tasks, wouldn't it?

Also, for the moment we have the serial key added on one machine, and all tokens are available. What would happen if one of the other teams installs Qlik Sense on another machine and adds the serial. Would it affect the first machine, or the second will get an error?

Thanks in advance.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I think you could define new administrator roles, allowing different people to only act on things related to a specific node.

What would happen if one of the other teams installs Qlik Sense on another machine and adds the serial.

You would be in violation of your license agreement and potentially could end up in a court of law.

In other words:

Contact your Qlik Sales representative and talk this case through. I am sure they can help you.

May you live in interesting times!