Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sub stream level security rule to restrict apps in a stream

Hi All,

I am trying to write a security rule that can restrict certain apps to be displayed in the stream.

Scenario:

I have a stream called TEST in this stream i have two apps, 1.AppleDashboard 2. OrangeDashboard

I have created a custom property as @Products and it has two values, 1. Apple 2. Orange

I have assigned a custom property for both these dashboards as below.

AppleDashboard - has a custom property value as Apple

OrangeDashboard - has a custom property value as Orange

I have a user as testuser1 - for this user i have assigned the same customer property @Products with the value as Apple.

I have another user as testuser2 - for this user i have assigned the same customer property @Products with the value as Orange.

so when testuser1 logs in - he should see only AppleDashboard in the stream TEST

when testuser2 logs in - he should see only OrangeDashboard in the stream TEST

Both these dashboard have to be published in one stream only. I cannot publish them in different streams.

So in the stream security rule, how should i write the condition so that if one of the app is available for a user then it should display the stream and only the app that the user should access.

i have tried the below conditions and to no solution.

(user.@Products=resource.@Products))

(user.@Products=user.@Products))

Could someone please explain as to how the security rule should be written to have a sub stream level security.

sense_security_rule_custom_property.png

sense_security_rule.png

Thanks,

Aadil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You will have to change default stream rule to make it work.

Refer video link mentioned in App level Access in Qliksense but issue in app object access

View solution in original post

1 Reply
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You will have to change default stream rule to make it work.

Refer video link mentioned in App level Access in Qliksense but issue in app object access