Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III

SuperUser Password

What password to enter for the SuperUser?

Is the "repository database" the same thing as Postgres database? Cause I have Postgres credentials, but no one know what is this "repository database" and its "SuperUser".

I followed the documentation to upgrade and at some point there are indications on how to get the password for the "database" (doesn't say if it's the Postgres database or the "repository" database), but when I use that password for the SuperUser, Qlik Sense doesn't work (error log: Can't access database), even though ini the documentation says:

"The password string you extracted is not the actual password, it is encrypted, but you can paste this string into the database password dialog when installing the rim nodes."

So my questions still remain:

What password to enter for the SuperUser?

Is the "repository database" the same thing as Postgres database? I have the Postgres credentials, but don't understand what's with this SuperUser thing and "repository database".

repository_superuser.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So the upgrade worked this time and these are the answers to my questions:

Q: What password to enter for the SuperUser?

A: the Super User seems to be the user named "postgres", so use the password corresponding to the user "postgres".

Q: Is the "repository database" the same thing as Postgres database?

A: Apparently YES.

Here are some resources that could help, but not give the answer:

Migrating from synchronized to shared persistence - Qlik Sense - YouTube

STT - Moving to Shared Persistence - YouTube

View solution in original post

7 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

this super uper password is the one used on the first install and it is the Postgres super user password

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

• You should definitely search for the password in your installation sum-up.
  • Also did you try to not enter any character (blank password) ?

• Finally : do not know if this still works on current version but already made it work on older versions :

Change/add password to repository database

Make sure to backup !

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. What/where is the "installation sum-up"?

I have a Postgres user named "postgres" and its password, so I can access the database.

I didn't install QS and there's little to no documentation of what was made when it was first installed.

So I'll have to try to upgrade again, using the password the user named "postgres" uses, and assume the user named "postgres" is the Repository Super User.

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.

I have a Postgres user named "postgres" and its password, so I can access the database.

I didn't install QS and there's little to no documentation of what was made when it was first installed.

So I'll have to try to upgrade again, using the password the user named "postgres" uses, and assume the user named "postgres" is the Repository Super User.

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

By installation sum-up I mean documentation of what was made when installed, hehe.

Let us know how it ended !

Regards,

Thomas

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So the upgrade worked this time and these are the answers to my questions:

Q: What password to enter for the SuperUser?

A: the Super User seems to be the user named "postgres", so use the password corresponding to the user "postgres".

Q: Is the "repository database" the same thing as Postgres database?

A: Apparently YES.

Here are some resources that could help, but not give the answer:

Migrating from synchronized to shared persistence - Qlik Sense - YouTube

STT - Moving to Shared Persistence - YouTube

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

what's the answer you did not get yet ?