Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Partner
Partner

Unable to import qvf via QMC

I am attempting to import a qvf from our UAT environment.  I am able to access the Apps section of QMC on our new production server and can initiate the import process.  I am able to select my qvf file but cannot move beyond that point.  The next "import" button is grayed out.  My only option is to cancel out with no result.  

I am unable to edit the app name and there is a message within the import message window thatstates something to the effect that if there is a data connection with a similar name as one in my model, the data connection will not be imported.  These doesn't seem like an error that would cause the "import" button to not be available to me.  

Does anyone with more expertise than me have any suggestions on resolution?  I've tried renaming the connections in my former environment and re-importing but same issue happened.   Might this be a missing security setting that might be easily resolved?  Please see attached jpg for insight into what I am seeing during import.  Thank you.

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Unable to import qvf via QMC

I suspect permissions or licensing as a problem. Is there the shared folder for QlikSense? Does the service account have write access to the share? Do you have an assigned license? Do you have the necessary permissions to create a new file?

That would be where I would start...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Partner
Partner

Re: Unable to import qvf via QMC

Thank you - I will add your suggestions to the list of potential fixes.