Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamlau
Partner - Contributor III

Unable to see Dashboards in Streams

I have a client who will be the administrator for Qlik Sense.   In QMC, his role has been set to AuditAdmin, ContentAdmin, DeploymentAdmin, RootAdmin and SecurityAdmin.  We were working on setting the security for a user.  We wanted this user to have access to a stream BUT he can only see 1 of the 3 dashboards that are part of the stream.

We made a change but the outcome was not what we expected.  My client and this user can access the streams and see the dashboards but when they click on a dashboard, they don't see the sheets with the charts but only the option to create new sheets.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
williamlau
Author

This did the trick.  I was able to see which rule had changed and compared the settings to what I found on another server.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

You need to look at your security rules.

Have you changed any of the existing rules or added new ones?

williamlau
Author

We did not add any security rule.  We only changed one.  Is there a log that we can view to see what was changed?

rittermd
Master
Master

It is always a good idea not to change existing rules.  Instead create a new custom rule and then disable the one that came with Qlik.

Can you provide the rule that you changed?

Not sure if there is a way to see what was changed. 

williamlau
Author

Can't remember the rule.

rittermd
Master
Master

In the list of rules in the QMC add the Last Modified column and see if that helps you locate the rule that you changed.

rittermd
Master
Master

You can also run the Operations Monitor app.  There is a sheet that displays QMC change log.  That might help.

williamlau
Author

I went into the QMC and selected the "Last Modified" column and I am able to see the last few rules changed. The changes were made on 12/13/2016

KT_SecurityRules.png

williamlau
Author

This did the trick.  I was able to see which rule had changed and compared the settings to what I found on another server.

Thanks for your help.