Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade QS June 2018 keeps failing

I'm tryng to upgrade my QS server to June 2018 but it keeps failing on the Service Dispatcher with the error:

Product: Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher -- Installation failed.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher. Product Version: 12.26.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Then it does a roll back en the enviroment is not working anymore. But I'm using snapshot so I can revert to the previous situation.

Tried several paths, with and without anitvirus. Switched license number (this is a test enivroment with a test license). With and without the latest security fixes. Even upgraded succesfully from April (12.16.1) to April (12.16.2) en installed the April patch (12.16.3).

But the upgrade to June 2018 (12.26.1) keeps failing.

The server is a Windows 2012 R2, virtual enviroment.

Someone an idea causing this?

Tnx Peter

13 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello Peter,

The Bug ID for the issue mentioned of you is: QLIK-90016. All bug fixes are mentioned in the release notes of the newer releases.

regards

Sebastian / Qlik Technical Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
pierrelefrancoi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello

Can anybody tell me if the exclamation point   !  constitute a "special character" that will crash the upgrade ?

Thanks - Pierre

Sebastian_Linser

Hello Pierre,

i just did a test with Password123! as repository password at the upgrade time and it did not crash the upgrade. So an exclamation point is not the reason the upgrade stops.

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
nsetty
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am facing same issue. 

MSI (s) (4C:E8) [12:24:59:579]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (4C:E8) [12:24:59:579]: Product: PostgreSQL -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (4C:E8) [12:24:59:579]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: PostgreSQL. Product Version: 12.44.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.

I tried password without special characters; simple password... 

Installation just fails .

Any help would really appreciate

Thanks