Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acrodata
Partner - Contributor III

Upgrade failed

Hello,

Trying to Upgrade from Qlik Sense Feb 2018 to Qlik Sense Feb 2020, the upgrade failed.

Trying to search for the cause on the logs I think  this is the cause, any advice

16DC:05AC][2020-05-23T05:08:01]i000: Stack trace: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](LocationReferenceEnvironment environment, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](String expressionText, CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationExpression)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue`1.CacheMetadata(CodeActivityMetadata metadata)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.OnInternalCacheMetadataExceptResult(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity`1.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList`1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack`1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList`1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at Qlik.Burn.UI.Workflow.WorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(Activity activity, Dictionary`2 inputsDictionary)
at Qlik.Burn.App.Sense.SenseBootstrapperApp.SilentAction(IWorkflowManager workflowManager)
at Qlik.Burn.App.Common.BootstrapperApp.UninstallAction()
at Qlik.Burn.App.Sense.SenseBootstrapperApp.UninstallAction()
at Qlik.Burn.App.Common.BootstrapperApp.Run()
[16DC:05AC][2020-05-23T05:08:01]i000: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception.
[16DC:16D4][2020-05-23T05:08:01]i500: Shutting down, exit code: 0xffffffff

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acrodata
Author

In fact, I found finally the error by myself.

The problem was that I tried to upgrade from Feb 2018 to April 2020 . From that time , .NET had  new versions especially the current one v4.8. It looks like that some batch in the Upgrade are not compatilbe with v4.8 if you want to jump from Feb 2018  (or less) to  a new version like April 2020.

So the easy solution is to downgrade to v4.7 or less (Qlik Sense is comptatible even with .NET v4.5) by uninstalling Windows Updates reposible of the upgrade of .NET to v4.8, after that the Upgrade will run smmothly and you can after even Upgrade the .NET to v4.8 if you want. v4.8 is only an issue while upgrading not for running Qlik Sense April 2020.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Acrodata
Author

In fact, I found finally the error by myself.

The problem was that I tried to upgrade from Feb 2018 to April 2020 . From that time , .NET had  new versions especially the current one v4.8. It looks like that some batch in the Upgrade are not compatilbe with v4.8 if you want to jump from Feb 2018  (or less) to  a new version like April 2020.

So the easy solution is to downgrade to v4.7 or less (Qlik Sense is comptatible even with .NET v4.5) by uninstalling Windows Updates reposible of the upgrade of .NET to v4.8, after that the Upgrade will run smmothly and you can after even Upgrade the .NET to v4.8 if you want. v4.8 is only an issue while upgrading not for running Qlik Sense April 2020.