Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikWetterberg

Upgrade to Qlik Sense enterprise June 2017 failure

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade our Qlik Sense 3.1 iatnstallation to June 2017 release. I have gone through the instructions here:

Upgrading and migrating from synchronized to shared persistence ‒ Qlik Sense

When i start the actual installation from the command line (Qlik_Sense_setup_June2017.exe databasedumpfile=d:\QlikSense.dmp) everything seems fine for a while, but then I get an error message:

Capture.PNG

I'm pretty sure I have given the same postgres password everywhere, so I don't think this is the actual problem. Has anybody any suggestions on how to solve this? I have tried to look in the log files (a large postgres and a smaller), but have not found anything yet.

Erik

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

check this link, which has steps to change the password.

Changing the repository database user password ‒ Qlik Sense

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ErikWetterberg
Author

Hi,

That's look like the same procedure as in step 3 in the page I have followed. I did that and then I used the same password in step 5 as superuserpassword.

Regards,

Erik

ErikWetterberg
Author

When I look in the log file I find the following:

Calling custom action Qlik.QustomActions64!Qlik.QustomActions64.DatabaseInitializer.RestoreDatabaseFromDumpFile

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_PORT: 4432

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_DIR: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin\

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_SUPERUSER: postgres

Action 08:54:25 81 The property RANDOMPASSWORD is empty.

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_DB_DIR: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6

Action 08:54:25 81 The property DBLIMITEDUSERNAME is empty.

Action 08:54:25 81 DBDUMPFILEPATH: d:\QlikSense.dmp

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_DIR: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin\

Action 08:54:25 81 POSTGRESQL_PORT: 4432

MSI (s) (08:68) [08:54:31:848]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=CA_ValidateLimitedUserPassword,Description=Verifying database user password,Template=Verifying database user password)

Action 08:54:31 83 REMOVEDUMP: 0

MSI (s) (08:68) [08:54:31:850]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CA_ValidateLimitedUserPassword,ActionType=11265,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,CustomActionData=**********)

MSI (s) (08:5C) [08:54:31:863]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSICDF5.tmp, Entrypoint: ValidateSuperUserPassword

SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Windows\Installer\MSICDF5.tmp-\

SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319

Calling custom action Qlik.QustomActions64!Qlik.QustomActions64.DatabaseInitializer.ValidateSuperUserPassword

Action 08:54:32 04 POSTGRESQL_DIR: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin\

Action 08:54:32 05 POSTGRESQL_PORT: 4432

Action 08:54:32 05 POSTGRESQL_SUPERUSER: qliksenserepository

Action 08:54:32 05 POSTGRESQL_DB_DIR: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6

Action 08:54:34 09 Trying again.

Action 08:54:36 14 Trying again.

Action 08:54:38 18 Trying again.

Action 08:54:40 23 Trying again.

Action 08:54:42 27 Trying again.

Action 08:54:42 31 Password validation failed.

CustomAction CA_ValidateLimitedUserPassword returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

What looks a bit strange to me is that POSTGRESQL_SUPERUSER has two different values, first its postgres, then it's qliksenserepository. Is that the way it should be??

Erik

ErikWetterberg
Author

And when I look in the dump file it is in text format. Passwords are as far as I can tell md5 encrypted. Can I bypass the password verification? I'm not really interested in importing the passwords, it's the data I'm after.

Erik

ErikWetterberg
Author

Or perhaps I can make a standard install and then import the dumpfile after that??

Erik

ErikWetterberg
Author

FYI: I gave this upp and made a fresh install instead.

Best regards

Erik

ErikWetterberg
Author

What looks very strange is that it tries 5 times. That looks more like a timeout problem than an actual invalid username/password. If you get 'Invalid username/password' from postgres why would you try again??

Erik

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would suggest you log a case with Qlik Support.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Wich service release was on your Qlik Sense 3.1.x? I have the same problem