cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

User unable to create App - "no response was received from the server"

This is a new-ish installation of Qlik Sense, and one of my first users is unable to create an App.

The error they are getting is;

No response from the server

No response was received from the server when attempting to create the app. Please try again if the app was not created.

03-09-2015 18-02-39.png

I have tried opening up the security roles - there is an role for App_* for !user.IsAnonymous() with the permission of Create.

It seems to me like there might be some sort of access problem on the server - do I have to change folder/file permissions to allow the users to create their apps?  My server is running under system account and I can't find anything about this in the installation guides I have.

6 Replies
chancekbarkley
Partner - Contributor III

Quriouss‌,

Anonymous users are not able to create/publish by default.  They are read only.

-ckb

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Correct. The security rule ‌is for !user.IsAnonymous() - note the exclamation mark, meaning "not". So the rule should be read as "any user who is not Anonymous can create".

chancekbarkley

I misread your post and thought you meant that the user trying to create the app was anonymous.

Are you only seeing this issue with one user or with multiple different users?

-ckb

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Only one user has reported the issue, but this is a brand new installation and I'm not sure anybody else has tried to create an app yet.

I gave the user the "Content Administrator" role, but they still can't create, which suggests the issue is in the file system.

(I am able to create, but I have admin rights on the server and I am the administrator for the Qlik Sense installation as well, so that's not surprising.)

chancekbarkley

You said your services are running under a system account, is it the local system account? 

If so, I would recommend you create a service account specifically for Sense and add it to the administrators group.

If you are already doing that, my next test would be to see if other non-admin users experience the same issue.

hth

-ckb

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks - i wasn't able to get to the bottom of this so I just gave them a Content Admin role for now - I will have to revisit it when possible.

The fact that the Qlik Admin role works (with the same login details) suggests the problem is my Qlik configuration, rather than Windows security (which makes sense).

Thanks for your time.