Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeonardoSilva_CODEX
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Users Activity Monitor

Hi Community,

Recently I found out that one of the development users of my Qlik Sense Site made a very big load and got my server in to 100% of processing.

Does anybudy knows an activity monitoring tool for user? I would like to know what de dev users doing, if the load is big, or how much this especific load impact on the resources of the server.

Please Help, and thank you for the attention.

Labels (6)
2 Replies
Yoichi_Hirotake
Former Employee
Former Employee

One option is to turn on Telemetry Logging of engine and check the generated log. Knowledge Article below. The log is not very user intuitive though, it may be helpful to find out what is resource intense.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000044757

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There are two discrete elements to this question: (1) what is the server level usage, (2) what are contributing to that server level usage. 

For (1), you can use the Performance sheet on the Operations Monitor. This app is bundled with Qlik Sense. It visually displays high level performance metrics over time. For example of a work-flow that is unlocked, you can:

• Drill into time periods where CPU utilization over the interval (5min) was over 80%
  • With the time periods narrowed, you can navigate to one of the Session related sheets and figure out which apps were open during that time period

For (2), there is dashboard built off of the logging that @Yoichi_Hirotake  mentioned which will allow you drill in a different manner: what elements of apps are taking the most resources (CPU, RAM). Since we need to do a series of Engine API calls this dashboard requires an installer: https://github.com/eapowertools/qs-telemetry-dashboard

To aid with figuring out whether the Telemetry Dashboard is the right fit for you, you can watch the YouTube vidoes that we recorded going over things:

Part 3 focuses on the Analysis aspect of the dashboard, so I'd start there.