Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Users getting inactive

Hi All ,

I am new to qlik sense and facing a issue often

the issue is users getting inactive randomly .

Apart from Root admin all users get inactive within 2-3 days .

if delete the users from user list then only it get active .

Please refer screenshot  and guide me .

Thanks in advance

Chanchal.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The inactive users are probably disabled in the user directory you import them from. You can add a filter to the user directory connector to import only user accounts that are not disabled. Perhaps this one will do:

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(userAccountCon-

trol:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

I have exactely the same problem, and the user is active on the AD.I'm researching for a solution, if I find I'll let you know!

Regards,

Carlos Silva

Not applicable

I have found that my problem was the LDAP filter that probably was in the wrong format. I was passing the path to the OU where the users are , like this:

OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyDomain,DC=local

I removed the LDAP filter, Synced and all users (including some service accounts I wanted to filter) showed up in seconds!

What I should have, was a LDAP query to return users from a specific group, something like this:

Example 1: (memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com) returns all users and their attributes who are

members of the QlikPowerUsers group.

Example 2: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(cn=Joe*)) returns all users and their attributes whose name begins

with "Joe".

Example 3:

(|(memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=QlikReadOnlyUsers,CN=Users,DC=exa

mple,DC=com)) returns all users and their attributes who are members of either QlikPowerUsers OR QlikReadOnlyUsers groups.

More info about this on this very useful document:

Qlik Sense Best Practice: User Directory Connectors

Hope this also solved your problem!

Best Regards,

Carlos Silva