Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

What happens if the Center node is down in the Cluster of Multi-node Qlik Sense Environment

I have a 3 node environment for Qlik Sense 3.0 with one center and two rims. As we configure the load balancing on the main center node, my concern is what happens when the center node goes down. Also is there any documentation for how the load balancing is performed to achieve high availability.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

I would suggest to have a load balancer in front of proxy and central node. With that even if central is down users should be able to access hub.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

How are you planning to use these RIM nodes? Have a look at below post which talks about Central node being down issues

qlik sense central node high availability

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jai,

I have deployed engine and proxy services on the RIM nodes. With this architecture, I am not sure whether if the center node is down the users will still be accessing the apps with the same URL of the center node.

If the center node is down, do I have to provide the FQDN / URL for one of the RIM nodes OR it will redirect automatically from the same link? I am still not sure if this is possible in the current Qlik Sense deployment.

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

I would suggest to have a load balancer in front of proxy and central node. With that even if central is down users should be able to access hub.