Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Windows 10 - unable to create App

I have upgraded to windows 10. I can launch Qlik Sense latest version. After creating a new app and try to open, I see only a blank screen. Pls see attached. I have tried to uninstall and re-install Qlik Sense and still the same problem. It worked before the upgraded to Windows 10.

Any one know how to overcome this? Thanks.

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Windows 10 hasn't yet been added to the officially supported platforms (refer to System requirements in Installation guide), and usually it takes some time until Qlik officially supports new Windows versions with an SR / QV version update.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

As per my knowledge it is better not use more than windows7. Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Thx for the reply. Look like I have to wait for a while before I can use Qlik Sense again. Thanks.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Yes, It will support  may be in next release.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Please close the thread by selecting Correct Answer /Helpful answers. Thank you.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi,

even if Windows 10 is not officially listed on our system requirements page you shouldn't run into this issue. We are looking into some Windows 10 specific scenarios but what you are describing should work and I can create new Apps and work with those in my test environment.

This is my configuration:

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise

Qlik Sense 2.0.2

Cam you please provide your Log files from:

C:\Users\%youruser%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log\Trace

&

C:\Users\%youruser%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log\System

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Did you able to solve this issue? Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

I revert back to Windows 7. I surprise there are many Windows 10 works whereas mine does not work. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I have been seeing reports of people having similar issues if not exactly the same issue. I also have a couple of friends working in the field of "IT" that are experiencing this issue as well. They have subscribed to Office365 I order to work around this issue. This is something that I need to have a resolution for in order to move forward on migrating people to Windows 10 so any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have put all my client upgrades to Windows 10 on hold until I have found a resolution or more information as to the cause.