Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

access remote Qlik Sense

Hi,

I download and installed free Qlik Sense desktop 1.1 ,  and it works.

I try to load it from the browser with "http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work" and it works

now i try to load it from another server's browser (that has access to the localhost server) with changing the "localhost" to the correct IP: http://<IPaddress>:4848/hub/my/work

but it doesn't work and i don't know why

any idea?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hello Shalom,

this is not a supported use case and there is no support for accessing the Sense Desktop Hub from any other instance than your local machine where the Desktop is installed. The Desktop can only be used on your local machine.

In order to use Qlik Sense like this you will have to install Qlik Sense Enterprise which will offer those capabilities to you and you can access the Hub from multiple other clients. Qlik Sense Enterprise can only be used if you have a valid license available.

Let me / us know if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, can you post any image with the error you have to be easier to help you?

Fernando

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hello Shalom,

this is not a supported use case and there is no support for accessing the Sense Desktop Hub from any other instance than your local machine where the Desktop is installed. The Desktop can only be used on your local machine.

In order to use Qlik Sense like this you will have to install Qlik Sense Enterprise which will offer those capabilities to you and you can access the Hub from multiple other clients. Qlik Sense Enterprise can only be used if you have a valid license available.

Let me / us know if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform