Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

install ssl certificate from go daddy in qlik sense

im facing issues to install ssl certificates from godaddy

my steps:

1- generate the .csr using openssl as said in the pdf here: Generating Certificate Signing Requests for Trusted Certificates

2- import .csr to godaddy to receive the .crt files (there are two: 1cc55b4bfa47af38.crt and gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt). Acctually, godaddy give options to choose what server i will use the certificates (apache, iss, tomcat, macos, exchange, others) I chose 'others', but im not certain about that

3- generate the .pfx file using openssl as said here: Create a .pfx/.p12 certificate file using OpenSSL - SSL.com ps: i used the two crt files. The 1cc55b4bfa47af38.crt as -in parameter and gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt as the -certfile optional parameter

4- imported the .pfx file as said here: https://support.aginic.com/support/solutions/articles/14000031148-applying-an-ssl-certificate-to-qli...

5- At this moment, 4 certificates showed up. I moved the Root certificate to Trusted Root Certificate Authorities\Certificates folder as Jeffrey said here: Installing SSL Certificate for Qlik Sense.

6- Copied the thumprint into proxies in qmc and restart qmc

7-Tried to access the sevrer using https: and get the error:

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Could you help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

just got the ssl certificate working. Here some highlights:

- the certificate was generated in go daddy to domain.com.br. And I will use the domain: bi.domain.com.br. Once we regenerated the certificate to bi.domain.com.br everything worked fine

- Once we have the right certificate, I downloaded from go daddy using the IIS server option and got 2 files: one .crt and another one .p7b

- Generated the .pfx certificate with open ssl using the .key (used to generate the .csr) and the .crt from go daddy

- Installed the .pfx certificate and input the thumprint on qmc

Now everything is working!!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

just got the ssl certificate working. Here some highlights:

- the certificate was generated in go daddy to domain.com.br. And I will use the domain: bi.domain.com.br. Once we regenerated the certificate to bi.domain.com.br everything worked fine

- Once we have the right certificate, I downloaded from go daddy using the IIS server option and got 2 files: one .crt and another one .p7b

- Generated the .pfx certificate with open ssl using the .key (used to generate the .csr) and the .crt from go daddy

- Installed the .pfx certificate and input the thumprint on qmc

Now everything is working!!!

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

yes.. i can help you

you can post your doubts here and your doubt will help others people in the future

is it possible?

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

what exactly Web Certificate Error are you getting?

No, you dont need to install iis

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

In image, address bar is showing http://.

can you try with https://

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

the major precaution is take a snapshot of your server before change anything.

did you follow the steps?

did you get some error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can you post the step how do you Generated the .pfx certificate with open ssl using the .key (used to generate the .csr) and the .crt from go daddy

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i used this command:

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey privateKey.key -in certificate.crt -certfile more.crt

as said here:

Create a .pfx/.p12 certificate file using OpenSSL - SSL.com

im not sure, but i think i didnt use the more.crt parameter

syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Igor,

I have installed the certificate and was able to access the URL from Public area, But the issues is .. When I try to access the QMC by click the QMC icon on server it uses the Local URL and that shows me Insecure.

While installing certificate I have used Machine.. Was that supposed to be User?

A quick help is really appreciated. Thank you!!