Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

one folder per app Qlik Sense

Hi,

I have a question, can't be solved. It'd be great get some help.

Can I allocate each app I publish in QMC in a different folder. For exemplo, if I create App1 it goes to folder named App1, if I create App2 it goes directly to folder named App2,....

Is this possible?

thanks!!

6 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

if you mean the phisical folder where the app files is located, you can just chose an alternative location for all the apps. Anyway the path location is transparent to the Qlik Sense users

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo, thanks for ur fast reply.

The thing is that I edit in ENGINE section the app folder allocation. In my case it was c:\QLIK\Sense\Apps and all apps go there. But I want a folder per app. It means

c:\QLIK\Sense\Apps\App1

c:\QLIK\Sense\Apps\App2

And directly the apps have to move in its respectly folder.

Regards

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Interesting requirement. Can i ask why do you want to create individual folder per app? I don't think its possible.

Vincenzo_Esposito

Agree with Jai, I don't find any reasonable purpose why you should want to do that

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, the scope is to contain in each folder each app and the reason is security requirements becuase each folder has its own administrators and the client doesn't want to see all apps mixed in the same folder.

thanks

Vincenzo_Esposito

Manuel,

you can reach this scope but not splitting phisical app files across different folders. Qlik Sense unlike Qlik View does not rely on the Windows File system to address the authorization on its own objects but takes control of them itself through the use of Security Roules.

Writing the appropiate Security rules you can define different admin role with different right over different objects. From the Authorization point of view Qlik Sense is VERY different form Qlik View. I suggest you to have a look on the security section here (Security ‒ Qlik Sense)  especially the authorization phase (http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-S...)

Hope this help

V