Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

qlik sense user inactive automaticaly

Hello
I added a new user and unexpectedly all users already turned off.

I relaunched the Domain task but there is no way to reactivate users.

Frustrating !!!

Do you have any advice for me to solve yet another mystery of Qlik Sense?

It seems to be in an escape room.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I simply added the account name in the "Additional LDAP Filter" area. the "Apply" button is clicked.
From that moment on, users have become "Inactive".

I restored LDAP Filter but the users have not reactivated.
I launched the ActiveDirectory task but nothing ...

in the end I restored a backup.

However it is absurd that Qlik has these behaviors.

 

Thanks for your interest

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Resolved
the problem arose from the fact that the end-of-line character was in the string.

however always absurd

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted

Can you provide more details on "I added a new user", if you have a UDC, he user should have been added once you trigger the UDC task. The only way, I could think is that you have a filter for your UDC, you modify the filter and once you hit apply, this will trigger the task for the UDC and if your filter is missing or was done wrong, this will cause all those users to become inactive. If you do have a filter, I would double check the filter is done correctly and using the same filter you can pull back those users. 

 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I simply added the account name in the "Additional LDAP Filter" area. the "Apply" button is clicked.
From that moment on, users have become "Inactive".

I restored LDAP Filter but the users have not reactivated.
I launched the ActiveDirectory task but nothing ...

in the end I restored a backup.

However it is absurd that Qlik has these behaviors.

 

Thanks for your interest

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Absurd : yes.

Working as expected : yes, maybe poorly design, maybe.

However, when you use filter and make modifications, you have be sure that the filter does bring the user, if something is done incorrectly, UDC won't see the users back in AD and it will assumed that they all gone from AD and place then "inactive" mode.  Attached is a way you can test LDAP filters, prior you roll them to Sense. 

 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Resolved
the problem arose from the fact that the end-of-line character was in the string.

however always absurd

View solution in original post