Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

zahidrahim_ocp
Contributor

word QLIK meaning

Dear All,

We know Qlik is swedish product and we are familiar with English language. Our clients often asks us the meanings of Qlik. Can i have the meanings of Qlik word in great detail in English language or some resource to read its history and all about it.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: word QLIK meaning

Originally it comes from quick in it's literally meaning and needed to be renamed because of a different company with this name. Many more useful informations could you find in the odyssey-serie from HIC:

A Historical Odyssey: QlikView 1

- Marcus

6 Replies
rohitlohani
New Contributor III

hello  zahid ,

Thanks for your question.

Qlik products (QlikView and Qlik Sense) - fall into a category of data discovery / data visualization tools and platforms. Basically we turn data into actionable information so informed decision can be made.

Please take a look at these videos first and come back to me with more specific questions:

The getting started webinar is also a great way to see a lot in action in as little time as possible.

thanks and regard

Rohit lohani

zahidrahim_ocp
Contributor

I just want to know the meanings of word QLIK

vangurideepu
Contributor

Hi Zahid Rahim,

You need full form of QLIK

Quality and interaction, knowledge.

You need more details then check it here

Qlik - Wikipedia

Regards

Pradeep

Originally it comes from quick in it's literally meaning and needed to be renamed because of a different company with this name. Many more useful informations could you find in the odyssey-serie from HIC:

A Historical Odyssey: QlikView 1

- Marcus

justinphamvn
Contributor II

Hi zahid,

I think Q this mean : magnifying glass and lik like click of mouse

Purpose: See it then Click it

Thank you

Justin.

zahidrahim_ocp
Contributor

Thank you all for the information.

I got it. Actually QLIK is Quality - Learning - Interaction and Knowledge.