Handling Refresh Tokens with the Qlik REST Connector

Last Update:

Dec 28, 2016 1:59:46 PM

Updated By:

Daniel_Pilla

Created date:

Dec 28, 2016 1:59:46 PM

Attachments

When dealing with OAuth2, it is common to have a two-step process which involves you first requesting a refresh token, and then using that returned access token in the subsequent request. Qlik’s out of the box REST connector doesn’t allow for the input of variable parameters in its UI, so at first glance, it appears as if every time you load your application, you would have to first generate a new refresh token and manually input it into the second REST call. There is in fact a way to make this process dynamic however by levering the ‘WITH CONNECTION’ clause. We must alter the existing connection in the script to make it dynamic.

Comments
j_puri_6601
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dan, this doc is great and very helpful! I was wondering if you could share something about handling refresh exportId in bulk extracts - essentially something that can be plugged into URL itself.

Tried passing it in query headers while leaving the exportId blank in the URL but then I got a blank response - which I understand is because of the missing exportId reference. By manually plugging the exportId in all steps I'm able to run from enqueue to retrieve but that is not the ideal way.

Is there a way to pass the refreshed exportId similar to using the WITH CONNECTION?

0 Likes
j_puri_6601
Contributor II
Contributor II

This post helped. Thanks Petter Skjolden!

Dustin_Baxa
Employee
Employee

An oldie but a goodie - thanks Dan!

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2016-12-28 01:59 PM
Updated by: