Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Sense App: Send Data From The Load Script

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik Sense App: Send Data From The Load Script

Last Update:

Mar 19, 2019 8:01:42 PM

Updated By:

stevedark

Created date:

Nov 4, 2018 4:36:40 PM

Attachments

QlikView has two features which allow it to send alerts and data to the user, using Alerts in the front end or QMC notifications on the Server. Presently Sense lacks these out of the box, but it is possible to implement the same using the free Qlik Web Connectors SMTP Connector.

This application implements the sending of data as an HTML table embedded in an email each time an app is reloaded.

It was produced to go alongside this blog post, which describes the process in detail:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/send-data-from-qlik-load-script/

Qlik Sense Email Received.jpg

I hope that you find the application useful.  You will find other applications that I have uploaded under my profile on QlikCommunity or on our Downloads page..

Steve

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/blog/

Comments
nasirsaikh
Creator
Creator

Very Helpful thanx for sharing....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, thanks for sharing

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Thanks a lot for sharing Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks all, glad you find it useful.

0 Likes
Thiago_Justen_

Very useful @stevedark

Johnson_Yao
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am facing a Service Unavailable issue. Is there anything I need configure?Capture.PNG

0 Likes
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Hi @Johnson_Yao It's either going to be something in your QWC setup or the configuration of the GMail settings. The first thing to do to validate anything in QWC is to copy the URL into a browser on the machine where QWC is installed (I see this is also your Sense server, as you are using LocalHost). This will often yield a better error message. It would appear that you have not updated the fromEmail parameter to an email address that you own, and therefore I'm not sure what password you will have used. You will need to configure SMTP and user parameters to match a server you have rights to relay from. Setting up a new GMail account will be one way of doing this. You will need to configure it (in GMail settings) to allow relaying via SMTP. Hopefully that will point you in the right direction. Post back to let me know how you get on. Cheers
0 Likes
Johnson_Yao
Contributor II
Contributor II

@stevedarkThank you for your feedback!

I have solved the Service Unavailable issue. But I am facing another Internal Server Error. I tried to change the Email parameter to what is my personal email like smtp.163.com. Please go through the attached pictures which will show you what I did.

I also have questions:

1. Is this solution able to run in localhost? Or it is only be run in server?

2. Can this solution only use gmail? May I use other email service?

pic1.PNGpic2.PNGpic3.PNG

0 Likes
Johnson_Yao
Contributor II
Contributor II

@stevedarkGood news! I sent mail via this solution successfully! The Internal Server Error caused by internet issue. I configured the company domain SMTP, then it is successful. Please ignore the before message.

I received the email like this. Email just shows the HTML file address, does not show the table directly? As I understand, the table should be shown in the mail. Is there any configuration which I set wrong?

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Johnson_Yao
Contributor II
Contributor II

@stevedarkGood news again! All the issues have been solved. I can use Send Data From The Load Script successfully.

I cannot show the table in email, because of access declined. I changed the deploy.config as <FileSystemAccessAllowedPaths>*</FileSystemAccessAllowedPaths>. The script can read the HTML right now.

It is a real useful solution to send data.

Version history
Last update:
‎2019-03-19 08:01 PM
Updated by: