Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today

Qlik Sense February 2019 is now available!

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense February 2019 is now available!

sense.png

Hello all Qlik Sense users!

I am pleased to announce that the February 2019 Qlik Sense release is now available.

The Qlik Sense February 2019 release includes design improvements, advanced authoring features, and our visualization extension bundle.  This release also includes market leading mobile advancements.

The Visualization Bundle:

• Funnel chart – to show progression of a measure through stages
  • Sankey chart – displays a measure as a flow and how the measure is divided into categories in one or more stages
  • Radar chart – shows a measure spread on a polar chart with two category dimensions, one for the axes and one for areas
  • Heat Map – shows a matrix of color values with two dimensions and a measure
  • Multi KPI object – shows measures with more options and customizations than the standard KPI object
  • Word Cloud – highlights the most common occurrences in the text dimensions
  • Network chart – visualizes a graph with dimensions for nodes, parents and measures

New Mobile Capabilities:

• New Qlik Sense Mobile app support for Android OS devices
  • Open and consume Mash-ups in Qlik Sense Mobile app
  • Microsoft InTune EMM support Including policy and device management
  • Market Leading Security Zimperium integration for best in class mobile threat detection
  • MS Azure SSO authentication

Other notable features:

• Usability Enhancements
    • Single page tabbed application
  • Advanced Authoring Enhancements
    • Dollar sign expansion
    • Share Button addition to the Dashboard Bundle
    • Improved map chart layers with Web Map Service support (WMS)
  • Better connectivity with integrated single-sign-on in several connectors

View the What’s New Video by Mike Tarallo, and check out the What’s New Demo App

Visit the Qlik Download site!

Read more about this release on the Product Innovation Blog – New on the Scene, Qlik Sense February 2019

Best regards,

John Teichman
Director, Product Management

Comments
Partner
Partner
Can someone please point me to the exact download url. The url provided in this post takes me to QlikView install file instead of QS install files. Also, can we use the visualization bundle extension, without upgrading to the feb release? Given that this is an extension, i was wondering if it will work with older versions. Thanks Srini
0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hello @John_Teichman nice to hear and great new functionalities. I am really excited about the product but all our customers ask if the export to excel shows color format and totals like in QlikView and also if the export to PDF can export more then 1 page. @Michael_Tarallo seems also to know a lot:-) That would be really great:-)

0 Likes
Partner
Partner
0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi @John_Teichman ,

do you know when the chatbot of Crunchbot we've seen in this video will be available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh4h7TacWu0

Best regards, Marcel.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Are there any  special preparations to perform before upgrading from Sense November 2018 to February 2019? I know stopping services is key anything else I should consider? 

0 Likes
Contributor
Contributor

First try, upgraded from Sep-2018, rendered all Database Connections with an error (Unkown connection type: QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe). Had to uninstall / install the whole app. 

Second try, got connections back, while loading data, rendered the following error: 

Connector reply error: Executing non-SELECT queries is disabled. Please contact your system administrator to enable it.

Not cool since the installation process takes ~10min. So upgrade, found an error, googled it, try to install QvOdvcConnectorPackage by its own, failed, uninstalled, installed again, got error, googled again, didn't find anything about it, engage on a trial & failure loop.

Turns out all the nice CTEs I have are now not working, and pretty much a whole day of work is lost.

For now, reverting back to the old version, and maybe making a rule to always wait some time until new versions mature enough.

Where does one report these issues?

0 Likes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Anyone has the good link?

@gorterzelf7  that link go to the QlikView download too

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello everyone!

Sorry about the link. You need to be logged into the Qlik.com website first. You will end up in the right place then. Or you can try this link.

0 Likes
Creator II
Creator II

@John_Teichman  thanks, but the link still leads us to the qlikview download instead of qlik sense 

0 Likes
Contributor II
Contributor II

sorry guys, i m confused, it's a qlik sense update or a qlikview, i also get qlikview only....

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2019-02-12 12:03 PM
Updated by: