Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Documents

Qlik Sense documentation and resources.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW

Emulating document chaining in Qlik Sense

vadimtsushko
Partner
Partner

Emulating document chaining in Qlik Sense

The current version of Qlik Sense (2.0.1 beta) does not support document chaining yet,but with some efforts, we can achieve a very close approximation of that functionality ....

Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the efforts.

Just to let you know: In Qlik Sense 2.2 a functionality, similar to document chaining, will be available, called "App Integration API".

vadimtsushko
Partner
Partner

Great news.

0 Likes
vadimtsushko
Partner
Partner

Stefan, as of yet I do not see this API at the betahelp site: http://betahelp.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/2.2/Content/APIs-and-SDKs.htm

Should not it be there yet?

0 Likes
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Yes, that's true.
It is unfortunately a bit misunderstanding:

- The beta of Qlik Sense 2.2 contains only about 50% of the changes of 2.2 (so only about 50% of our efforts for 2.2 went into the beta). You should see it more as a pre-release

- The App Integration API was added after publishing the Beta, so that's why you cannot see it there.

0 Likes
vadimtsushko
Partner
Partner

Thank you for clarification

0 Likes
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Hello Vadim,

Thank you so much for the wonderful document.Can we do the navigation from one app to another app. Right now this only navigates me from one app to another app but with only one sheet.But what if if i want to navigate to complete app with all available sheets.

Also can we do the navigation without using Extension may be using URL available in text & Image?

I had tried using URL in Text and Image object but it is not evaluating the variables.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,

PK

0 Likes
vadimtsushko
Partner
Partner

Hi, Praveen.

For the first question - I think currently (using Single integration API) that is no way to navigate to the whole application.

I've read somewhere else that forthcoming "App Integration API" mentioned by Stefan Walther in a comment above will be less restrictive.

As for the second question: I use the extension in my sample application for exactly that reason. Currently, there is no standard control that could make a dynamic hyperlink.

"Text and Image" link property as many other properties in standard Qlik Sense controls (most notably column labels) do not evaluate variables. As in every such case, that seriously limit their functionality.

0 Likes
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Thanks Vadim,that helps!

0 Likes
NareshGuntur
Partner
Partner

Thanks Vadim. Informative.

Any luck here to navigate to the document instead of a particular sheet?

0 Likes
qhe
Employee
Employee

Hi, do you guys find a way to pass a date selection?

it seems add 'sufix &select=OrderDate,01/01/2017' does not work properly. I guess it's the slash sign make a difference.

My workaround is to convert the date to numeric fields in both main and detail Apps.

eg: in detail App:

floor(OrderDate) as OrderDate_filter

URL in Main App:

&select=OrderDate_filter,floor(OrderDate)

Not sure if you have better solutions?

Cheers

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2015-12-13 05:35 AM
Updated by: