Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

Last Update:

Feb 27, 2023 6:27:23 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jun 14, 2017 2:11:53 AM

Attachments

The current coverage of the built in location database in Qlik GeoAnalytics and Qlik Sense native mapchart. See attachments for an overview description and table with content per country.

Labels (1)
Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Qlik Support sent me over to this Qlik Community post for one of my questions:

From what I see ZipCode Areas are included for Germany and Switzerland.  Any chance to get ZipCode Areas included for Austria as well? Then we would have everything we need for the DACH Sales Region (D..Deutschland,A.. Austria,  CH..Schweiz).

Thx,

Roland

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous Austria is more complicated than the rest of DACH region, the access to postal code areas are restricted by the Austrian Postal Authorities. Each country follows their own policy for data sharing and Austria has chosen to be less open. So I don't see AU zip code areas coming anytime soon.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patric_Nordstrom  thanks for your response!

Is there any chance that I can "extend" the existing Qlik Sense Postal code areas by myself?

Let's say I create a (.kml) Map of the Austrian Postal Codes. Is there some Qlik Sense file directory where I can put this file? 

I know that every user can load the .kml file manually in the script, but this is cumbersome for self service users. Users really like the "Geo Detection" in Data Manager. If I coud extend this with my personal maps, it would solve our self service needs for Geo Analytics in Austria.

Thx,

Roland

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous  no, that's not possible today. 

But as you say, data can be loaded and complemented the built in areas.

Here's an example on how to add more zip code areas:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Mapping-Postal-codes/ta-p/1586891

Thanks,

Patric

denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Patric_Nordstrom 

For the Qlik Sense native mapchart, are location lookups done on the QS server or is it sent to maps.qlikcloud.com?   The reason why I'm asking is because there are new Australian postcodes that are not shown on the map.  e.g. 3336 and 3358 (they belong to suburbs added in 2017/2018) -- Do we need to upgrade the QlikSense server(currently on Nov 2019) for them to appear?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@denniste 

Location lookup is done at maps.qlikcloud.com unless you have connected the mapchart to a local QGA server. 

Our source for Australian postal areas is the Australian Bureau of Statistics, and their latest edition is from 2016.

Thanks,

Patric

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello @hectorgarcia

Do you mean the QGA Coverage Table? If you look at the top of the table, there is a separation between points and areas. For Colombia we have full coverage in point data. For areas the coverage is only admin1 and admin2.

Ana_Yakushi_1-1663687688122.png

Best Regards,

Ana

anmagr
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello @Patric_Nordstrom,

are the pdf tables in the first post regarding the administration divisions recognized by Geoanalytics still up-to-date? I am also wondering if they apply to the regular Qlik Sense map object? Can you confirm that, please?

I am trying to signalize data related to postal codes in Panama, but cannot get to see any results.

Best regards,
Antoni

jptneumann
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom ,

Do you have an updated QGA Coverage Table?

Thanks,
Jean Paul

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-02-27 06:27 AM
Updated by: