Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Documents

Qlik Sense documentation and resources.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!

Qlik SAP SQL Connector

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik SAP SQL Connector

In this video you will learn:

• How to install the SAP Connector
  • How to license the SAP SQL Connector
  • How to configure the SAP SQL Connector
  • How the SAP Connector can be used with both QlikView and Qlik Sense
  • What type of SAP objects you can access

The SAP Connector has been designed to be used with both QlikView and Qlik Sense, so you can install the same installation package with any Qlik product. This connector will work with QlikView Desktop, QlikView Server, Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Enterprise server. When configuring a SAP data source, the connector will automatically recognize the installed product and determine the appropriate configuration user interface to display. Watch the video to learn more:

Note: In order to view this in full screen and a higher resolution, it may be necessary to view this video on the YouTube site. Click the YouTube logo in the bottom right of the embedded player. You will now have additional settings to adjust the video. If you do not have access to YouTube an attached .mp4 video file is available as an attachment to this community post.

Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Thanks for this Video.

BR,

Michael

0 Likes
mclab_82
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi michael

when you mention licensing does it mean there is a special licence the user has to buy from Qlik in order for the connector to work?  Thanks in advance

0 Likes
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Meriem ABOULAAYAD wrote:

does it mean there is a special licence the user has to buy from Qlik

The answer is yes. The SAP connector is not free.

As far as I know we have to pay to SAP to get it certified to be able to let our customers use this connector and that makes up most of the fee we ask our customers.

0 Likes
andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III

can I use this connector for all SAP systems?, such as SAP BW, SAP BOBJ, SAP BODS, SAP CRM as well

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andres - sorry for the delay - let me see if daz‌ can answer this. Dean?

Dean_Ansermoz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The SQL connector supports the Netweaver stack. So for example, BOBJ wouldn't be supported.

ERP, BW etc are.

Thanks

Dean Ansermoz

Product Manager - Connectivity

andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Michael!

0 Likes
andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fantastic! Thank you Dean, at the moment we have Enterprise license, can I use it for licensing the SAP connector? Do you know if we need any license from SAP side to integrate Qlik and SAP?

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2015-11-30 02:50 PM
Updated by: