Skip to main content

Qlik Sense - Drill-down Group Dimension (video)

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Drill-down Group Dimension (video)

Last Update:

Aug 12, 2014 12:33:54 PM

Updated By:

Michael_Tarallo

Created date:

Aug 12, 2014 12:33:54 PM

Drill-down groups allow you to form a single field dimension that create a natural hierarchy of existing fields in the table model. With drill-down groups you can first display a high-level summary and then "drill" into the detail from one or multiple Sense visualizations.

8-12-2014 12-32-51 PM.png

Learn how by watching this video:

Comments
Not applicable

very helpful

Not applicable

Can we have something like cyclic drill dimension as we did in QlikView to change the chart view based on different dimensions eg.Product, Region, Year etc

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Shifa - not yet in the out-of-the-box product.

However, there is a sample example of how one of our community members emulated this behavior here:

Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

Mike

0 Likes
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Michael,

This example is helpful. However, any plan to have Cyclic Group Dimension feature in upcoming releases of QlikSenen ?

Our business team is more comfortable with this feature .

Thanks

Sanket

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sanket - there has been discussions - it can be emulated with variables however - here is a simple example that one of our community members created: Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

If you have additional questions, please post them to the New to Qlik Sense forums.

Thanks, stay well

Mike

0 Likes
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks Michael !!

I have already one through this but it is seems to work around not a concrete solution which qlikview already provided with Symbolic representation of Cyclic Group.

Any chance to have same Cyclic Group in upcoming Qlik Sense version !!

Requesting you to initiate that feature that would be really helpful to us to promote this tool...

Thanks

Sanket

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thx for video.

I have two issues for using Month - Week - Date as dim underneath a line chart:

1. When the user adjust the hight, the drill down hierachy might be hidden.

2. With this hiearchy I cannot show dates over two weeks or weeks over sereval months. That is, to see weeks, I can only choose one month, and to show dates I can choose only one week. I do understand the space consideration for Sense, but still this is not optimal.

BTW: You might argue that it is not a drill down then. I can make a cyclic group like version via variables, but had hoped for solution via this drill-down functionality over dimensions.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mikael can you post this question here: Qlik Sense - App Development & Usage that way others in the community will see it and hopefully respond to you sooner.

Agree with the cyclic comment, I will add this to our ideation meetings.

Thanks for your post.

Mike

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The mistyping killed my attention: "Prodcut".

Thanks for the video Tarallo.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very helpful video, it'll come in handy.

Thanks Michael!

Version history
Last update:
‎2014-08-12 12:33 PM
Updated by: