Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik Sense Documents

Qlik Sense documentation and resources.

Announcements
Qlik Highlights 2020 Giveaway! Watch, reply and have a chance to win a $200 Amazon Gift Card! Watch Video

Qlik Sense - Using Dimension Limitations

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Using Dimension Limitations

Dimension limitations offer a quick and easy way to measure performance of your metrics by assigning user defined limitations, that respect fixed, exact, relative and calculated values. As a result, your visualization will display a reduced set of values according to the definition of the limitation.

Watch this brief video to learn more:

Comments
Partner
Partner

Nice. It wasn't intuitive at first.

Thanks

0 Likes
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Jonathan,

Taking the above explanation and expressions in consideration i have tried to show top 5 and top 10 customers, but the result i got is only top 5 and i could not get the bottom 5 in the chart...

Can you please help me, if i miss something in the expression:

i have used below expression in dimension (Master Item)

aggr(if(rank(sum([Sales Target]))<=5 or rank(-sum([Sales Target]))<=5,Customer),Customer)

and below in the fixed number limitation expression:

sum([Sales Target])

Thanks,

MAK.

0 Likes
Contributor II
Contributor II

For case you need to present dimension as months ([Year - Month] >>> 2018-1, 2018-2 ..... 2020-2 etc) default Limition tool will not work, because such months are strings and not time stamps.

At first you need to load the calendar to get time stamps related to months (my sample Year) and then create dimension as per formula below

=Aggr(only({<Year={">=2019"}>}[Year - Month]),[Year - Month])

Good luck!

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-08-18 05:28 PM
Updated by: